[ic] Netscape 4.7 and Interchange

Scott Fletcher interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 10:54:00 2001

Yea, I have found this similar problem with the dissappearance of hte
shopping cart when using some pages like checkout.   What so embarrasing is
that one of the employee at my company gave a demostration of the
Interchange software to the customer about the idea of using it for shopping
cart.  We all noticed the disappearance of hte shopping cart and the wrong
webpage.  Since then, we haven't heard from the customer.  So, we're not
sure what is up with that.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Thompson [mailto:mthompso@nmsu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 10:04 AM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com;
'interchange-users@lists.akopia.com'
Subject: RE: [ic] Netscape 4.7 and Interchange

Hi Rodney,

I was just working on a similar problem.  I have been testing with multiple
versions of IE for PC and Mac as well as Netscape, Mozilla, Opera ...

I am finding a consistant problem with IE and Netscape 4.7 as well.  For me
everything seems to work until I get to the checkout page. At that point the
contents of the shopping cart are gone and no checkout form appears.

I have not fouund out why this is happening yet.  I just discovered this
problem last night.  I was just searching the archives when I saw your
message.

I will keep looking at the code and testing and I will post if I can figure
out what might be happening.

If anyone else has already worked through this or has any idea what is going
on, please share your findings ...

Thanks,

-Mike Thompson

Just wondering if anyone else experienced incompatibility with sites running
IC and trying to view them in Netscape 4.7?
It seems that the site simply comes up blank, notta, nothing on the screen
at all. I have been asked if there is a work around to help these 4.2% of
the general population be able to see the site without upgrading their
browsers for free. Any Ideas??

Thanks
Rodney Wallin