[ic] Trouble in creating a new template / region

Jason Timm interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 14:16:01 2001

>I copy templates/leftright to templates/sitemain, and change
>ui_template_layout: to SITE_TOP, UI_CONTENT, SITE_BOTTOM
>Then I copy LEFTRIGHT_TOP to SITE_TOP and LEFTRIGHT_BOTTOM to SITE_BOTTOM
in
>templates/regions
>Change the template on the index page and save it.
>When I load the page then, I see only the content that was entered in the
>content box in the admin (one photo and the "Welcome to..." line).
>The pages/index.html shows @_SITE_TOP_@ and @_SITE_BOTTOM_@ in the correct
>places and the file looks just like it does when things are default and
>everything works.

When you create new templates (or clone old ones as the case may be), I
think you need to define those in the catalog.cfg file.  You can see where
the other ones are defined - just do the same thing for your new ones...

<snip>...

ConfigDir templates/regions
Variable      NOLEFT_TOP       <NOLEFT_TOP
Variable      NOLEFT_BOTTOM    <NOLEFT_BOTTOM
Variable      LEFTRIGHT_TOP    <LEFTRIGHT_TOP
Variable      LEFTRIGHT_BOTTOM <LEFTRIGHT_BOTTOM
Variable      LEFTONLY_TOP     <LEFTONLY_TOP
Variable      LEFTONLY_BOTTOM  <LEFTONLY_BOTTOM
Variable      SEL_LEFT_TOP     <SEL_LEFT_TOP
Variable      SEL_LEFT_BOTTOM  <SEL_LEFT_BOTTOM
Variable      SEL_ALL_TOP      <SEL_ALL_TOP
Variable      SEL_ALL_BOTTOM   <SEL_ALL_BOTTOM
ConfigDir config
#endif

## Use [include ...] with low traffic settings, file read every time
## template changes show up immediately this way
## TRAFFIC is defined in interchange.cfg
##

#ifdef @TRAFFIC =~ /low/i
Variable      NOLEFT_TOP       [include templates/regions/NOLEFT_TOP]
Variable      NOLEFT_BOTTOM    [include templates/regions/NOLEFT_BOTTOM]
Variable      LEFTRIGHT_TOP    [include templates/regions/LEFTRIGHT_TOP]
Variable      LEFTRIGHT_BOTTOM [include templates/regions/LEFTRIGHT_BOTTOM]
Variable      LEFTONLY_TOP     [include templates/regions/LEFTONLY_TOP]
Variable      LEFTONLY_BOTTOM  [include templates/regions/LEFTONLY_BOTTOM]
Variable      SEL_LEFT_TOP     [include templates/regions/SEL_LEFT_TOP]
Variable      SEL_LEFT_BOTTOM  [include templates/regions/SEL_LEFT_BOTTOM]
Variable      SEL_ALL_TOP      [include templates/regions/SEL_ALL_TOP]
Variable      SEL_ALL_BOTTOM   [include templates/regions/SEL_ALL_BOTTOM]
#endif

...<snip>

Jason Timm
Intuitive Technologies