[ic] Calling all search gurus

Thu Aug 9 15:38:00 2001

Hi all -

Using IC 4.6.5 with MySQL.  Need to do a form-based search, something like
this:

mv_search_field="field1,field2,field3,field4"
mv_searchspec="foo"

mv_search_field="field5"
mv_searchspec="1"

I need to find all products which have /foo/ in any of the corresponding
fields, AND do not have '1' in the other field.  I thought this would be a
simple coordinated search:

<input type=hidden name=mv_searchtype value=db>
<input type=hidden name=mv_coordinate value=yes>

<input type=hidden name=mv_search_field value="field1,field2,field3,field4">
<input type=text name=mv_searchspec value="foo">
<input type=hidden name=mv_column_op value=rm>
<input type=hidden name=mv_numeric value=0>

<input type=hidden name=mv_search_field value="field5">
<input type=hidden name=mv_searchspec value=1>
<input type=hidden name=mv_column_op value="!=">
<input type=hidden name=mv_numeric value=1>

..but it does not work.  The problem is the multiple search fields in the
first group - if I search just one field, it works fine - multiple fields
completely break the search.  Somehow I need to tell IC that "foo" in
field1 OR field2 OR ... etc. is acceptable for the first group - it appears
to be applying 'AND' logic to the list of fields instead.

Perhaps this can be done with an SQL statement? But I would rather not rely
on searching products.txt, I prefer to search the db directly.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax