[ic] How IC 4.6.5 calls EncryptProgram

Fri Aug 10 20:02:01 2001

At 04:05 PM 08/10/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Well I wrote a little wrapper for PGP 6.5.8,
>

>#!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
>use File::Temp;
>
>($fh, $filename) = File::Temp::tempfile() or die "couldn't create temp
>file: $!";
>#($fh-out, $output) = File::Temp::tempfile() or die "couldn't create temp
>file: $!";
>
>#print "filename: $filename\nhandle: $fh\n";
>
>while( <> ) {
>   print $fh $_;
>}
>
>$out = $filename . ".asc";
>system "/usr/bin/pgp -eat $filename user\@host.com 2>/dev/null";
>system "/bin/cat $out";
>`/usr/bin/pgp -w $filename 2>/dev/null`;
>`/usr/bin/pgp -w $out 2>/dev/null`;
>return 0;
>#end
>
>yes, its not perfect, but its to help me diagnose whats wrong with my
>config.
>
>$ cat /etc/issue.net | /usr/bin/pgpe
>
>spits out the encrypted message on stdout.
>
>So now, the only time this DOESN'T work, is when IC calls it, I still get
>the 'Credit card encryption failed: ' error
>
>What I can't figure out is how IC calls the EncryptProgram.
>
>Any ideas?

It opens it like a filehandle - take a look at sub encrypt_cc() in
interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm. If you are having trouble, have you tried
adding ' 2>>~/encrypt.err' to the end of your ENCRYPTOR string?  This
should force PGP to log its complaints to a file called encrypt.err in the
IC user's home directory.

- Ed L.