[ic] IC 4.8.1 installation docs

Jason Timm interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 16:36:00 2001

Hello all!

Thanks to all the hard working folks at Red Hat for getting IC 4.8.1 out!

We have been using 4.6.4 and are now going to start the upgrade to 4.8.1 on
a new server.  When I installed 4.6.4, there were online docs with
instructions for doing the install.  It told which CPAN modules were
necessary and what the prerequisites were, etc.  Then it gave step by step
instructions to get up and running.  They weren't perfect, but they did help
a lot.

Where are the instructions for installing 4.8.1?  I see that I can buy a
book that might tell, but aren't there instructions online somewhere?  I
have downloaded the 3 RPM's for RH 7.x and also the CPAN modules indicated
on the download page.  Are all of these modules necessary?  Is
Bundle::Interchange still necessary?  Is it the same thing?  Is it up to
date?  What else is necessary?

If I do a fresh build of RH 7.x, then install all of the CPAN modules listed
on the download pages, then install the three RPM's for 4.8.1, will that do
the trick?  Is that all there is to it?

Thanks!

Jason