[ic] Trouble with the tag mime part and presetting the name of the attachment

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 17:16:00 2001

Kevin Walsh wrote:
> Firstly, I don't think there is a correct mail list for MV3 questions
> any more.  I'll hold back the obvious suggestion. :-)
>
> To your question...
>
> The file name doesn't really want to be in the MIME header at all,
> so, in MV3, you should probably just use:
>
>     [tag mime header][/tag]
>
> Your filename belongs in the actual attachment header, so:
>
>     [tag mime type application/x-unknown-content-type-Excel.CSV; name="[scratch
> bestellnummer].csv"][/tag]
>     [tag mime Some description text] your attachment contents here [/tag]
>
> I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong - I have no way of
> checking that against MV3.
>
> btw, I think a better MIME type would be "application/excel",
> or "text/comma-separated-values".

Thank you for your suggestion and sorry for my long e-mail! I've tried

----------snip--------
[tag mime header][/tag]
[tag mime type text/comma-separated-values; name="Bestellung_[scratch
bestellnummer].csv"][/tag]
[tag mime Bestellung-[scratch bestellnummer].csv]1;[value mv_username]
2;[value mv_order_number]
EOF
[/tag]
----------snip--------

and I get

----------snip source codes of the mail from the report---------

   --010814224405-oxYRdDmD-1596:=4024

EOF
    --010814224405-oxYRdDmD-1596:=4024--
----------snip source codes of the mail from the report---------

With

----------snip--------
[tag mime type text/comma-separated-values; name="Bestellung.csv"][/tag]
[tag mime type="Bestellung-[scratch bestellnummer].csv"]1;[value
mv_username]
EOF
[/tag]
----------snip--------

I get

----------snip source codes of the mail from the report---------
   --010814230442-oxYRdDmD-1704:=4198

EOF

   --010814230442-oxYRdDmD-1704:=4198--
----------snip source codes of the mail from the report---------

What I want is

----------snip source codes of the mail from the report--------
----------snip source codes of the mail from the report---------

It seems to me, something is wrong with the file Parser.pm (MV Version
3.14-5), because the Parser believe the right braket of [scratch
bestellnummer] is the endtag of [tag ....] and the do_tag (in
Interpolate.pm) get a wrong argument with

mime type text/comma-separated-values; name="Bestellung_[scratch
bestellnummer

instead of

mime type text/comma-separated-values; name="Bestellung_[scratch
bestellnummer].csv"

A quick check with IC 4.6.5 show me, there is a problem with that
version too. The Parser.pm is not able to recognize another IC tag
inside of the [tag...]...[/tag] part.

I'm missing another check for any other MV/IC tag inside of the [tag
mime....] tag. Or am I wrong?

How can I set the name of the attachment in my report file to the shop
owner with a scratch variable?

Please! Help me!

Thank you!

Joachim

 Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Entwicklung eCommerce | Dipl.-Phys.Ing.
             Black Point Arts Internet Solutions GmbH
  [Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]  w w w . b p a n e t . d e