[ic] IC 4.8.1 [tree] tag problems

Wed Aug 15 15:30:00 2001

Quoting Pann McCuaig (pann@ourmanpann.com):
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 04:27, Jon Jensen wrote:
>
> > We are proud to announce the public release of Interchange 4.8.
> > This is the best Interchange we have ever produced, and it has many,
> > many, improvements and fixes over 4.6 while maintaining a high degree
> > of compatibility.
>
>   [snip]
>
> > * [tree] tag allows you to build product display trees and display
> >   exploding lists.
>
> I'm missing something. I've (very carefully) built the example from
> ictags.8 (around line 10774, so I don't have to clutter up this email)
> on a page all by itself for testing. With this "tree" table per the
> example:
>
> parent  child
> 99      a
> a       b
> a       c
> a       d
> a       x
> x       y
> x       z
> 99      m
> 99      n
> 99      o
> o       e
> o       f
> o       g
>
> This is the resulting output, using the display code per the example:
>
> o   mv_level=0, mv_increment=1, mv_children=1
>
>   g  mv_level=1, mv_increment=1, mv_children=0
>
> That is, only the very last parent/child combination is displayed, not
> the full tree.

The field names are wrong in the code, which I guess you figured out
or you would have gotten no display. With this catalog.cfg:

Database tree tree.txt TAB
Database tree AUTO_NUMBER 00001

This data:

code	parent	child
	99	a
	a	b
	a	c
	a	d
	a	x
	x	y
	x	z
	99	m
	99	n
	99	o
	o	e
	o	f
	o	g

and this code:

    [tree   start=99
            table=tree
            master=parent
            subordinate=child
            autodetect=1
            spacing=4
            full=1]
        [if-item-param mv_level]
                [item-calc]
                        return '&nbsp' x [item-param mv_spacing];
                [/item-calc]
        [/if-item-param]
        [item-param child]
                mv_level=[item-param mv_level],
                mv_increment=[item-param mv_increment],
                mv_children=[item-param mv_children]
        [/tree]

I get the advertised result.

I have updated the docs with this.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous