[ic] robots/rules-dbm failed test 8

Lewey Taylor interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 16:16:01 2001

I have been having problems with IC 4.8.1 so I am doing a
redo.  On RH7 reinstalled perl 5.6.1 no problems went
through all the required modules until LWP.  I keep getting
a the following:

robot/rules-dbm.....FAILED test 8
        Failed 1/13 tests, 92.31% okay

I found in the archives someone said just do a make install.
This I have done and it installs but I can't help but wonder
if my problems are related to this failed portion of the
module.  I have searched archives at libwww and although
this is a fairly common problem it never got a reply.
Unlike this list.  This is snip from the test file:

[snip]
$r = undef;

print "*** Dump of database ***\n";
tie(%cat, AnyDBM_File, $file, 0, 0644) or die "Can't tie:
$!";
while (($key,$val) = each(%cat)) {
    print "$key\t$val\n";
}
print "******\n";

untie %cat;

# Try to open database with a different agent name
$r = new WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File "MOMSpider/2.0",
$file;

print "not " if $r->no_visits("www.sn.no");
print "ok 8\n";
[snip]

Is this test relevant to normal IC 4.8.1 operation?  Should
I make install and move on?

Thanks