[ic] checkout procedure to empty basket, and cart/reoccuring orders

Brian Kosick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 12:23:01 2001

Hello list,
	I have a few questions, regarding IC 4.8.1.

1) IC will not empty the cart/basket empty the cart after a successful
checkout.  I have gone through the log_transations file, there are three
places in there where the clear_cart func appears.

[if session logged_in]
                 [userdb function=logout clear=0 clear_cart=0]
[/if]

[if scratch auto_create]
         Logout auto-created user: [userdb function=logout clear=0
clear_cart=0]
[/if]

I ran a diff against the demo log_transactions, and they match in this respect.
I also tried changing the 0 to a 1, to no effect.

I also tried placing a [set clear_cart]1[/set] at the end of etc/reciept.html
Again to no effect.  I'm stumped.

The hidden input on the login page works great though:
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=clear_cart CHECKED VALUE=1>

I searched through the archives, only to find that it seems everyone has
the exact opposite problem, disappearing baskets.  I want mine to go away!

2)  Save cart func doesn't work properly.  If you save a cart/reoccurring
order, it will delete the current basket.  The cart will show up in the
saved_carts.html page, but will not recall.  The entry is in the database
as:
{
'Aug-16-2001:997974432:c' => [
{
'price_group' => '',
'mv_ip' => '0',
'code' => 'ABDIP',
'mv_ib' => 'products',
'gift_cert' => '',
'quantity' => '1'
}
]
}

You cannot delete the cart either from saved_carts.html  (which is straight
from the demo)

I'm using PGSQL 7.1, carts column is defined as TEXT.
No errors show up in either error.log for both problems.

If anyone can throw ideas on the table it would be greatly appreciated!

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
216-619-2000