[ic] Using Oracle/ MySQL Database

Sat Aug 18 09:58:00 2001

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 04:45:25PM +0530, Dewang Mehta wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We are new users of the Interchange application and have a query regarding
> the same. It would be great if some one can help.
>
> We wish to configure an Oracle Database with the Interchange Application.
> Interchange is hosted on machine A (linux) and the Oracle database is
> present on machine B (windows). How do we configure the application for the
> database. Similarly for a MySQL Database.

If you are a new user, I'd suggest you take this step by step.

You will find it a **lot** easier connecting to an instance
of oracle or mysql on the linux box.  Oracle on linux is hard
to bring up.  Mysql is easy.  Just dump the data and load
it on the linux machine.  Once you get that working then
you can <ahem>extend</ahem> your installation to windows.