[ic] Quantity Pricing Nightmare, please help

interchange interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Aug 18 15:44:00 2001

I have been wrestling with quantity pricing, and have not been able to get
it to work under any circumstances. Most recently, i have installed IC
4.8.1, as a fresh install after i renamed the directories that contained IC
4.6.5, and created a new catalog, based on foundation, using the tools
dataset. I have edited catalog.cfg thus:

PriceField      0
CommonAdjust    pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100 ;products:price,  ==:options

i removed the reference to the etc/after.cfg in an attempt to simplify
things:

#==========================================================================#

# Allow a template to drop in some ending config.
#include etc/after.cfg

#==========================================================================#

i have issued the command:
su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch

and clicked apply changes on the admin ui multiple times, but when i order
an item  that has all of the q2, q5, q10, etc., filled in, (e.g.
carpetner's tool belt, $39.99) i only get the base price, no matter what
quantity i cheese, and click recalculate.

I have read Mike Heins previous post about commonadjust, have printed out
all the pdf files on the website and read the 2.53 Price sections in
ictags.
Redhat Linux 6.1, perl 5.00503.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,