[ic] Which mv_todo to use?

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 03:26:00 2001

I'm trying to accomplish the 'Send a link to a friend' on a new site
design.  I was able to send the link using a hard coded email address
however I would like to allow the user to enter their name and the
destination address.  The problem is that if I use [value email_address]
the value does not exist yet since the form has not been submitted.
Which mv_todo can be used to submit the form before the rest of the code
in the button tag is ran?  Or is there a way to access the form fields
before the form has been submitted?  Would a better way be to use an
intermediate page which sends the email then bounces back to the current
page?  I have included the code here for everyone to view.  Thanks!

-Ron

<FORM ACTION="[process-target]" METHOD=POST NAME="email">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden  NAME="mv_todo"        VALUE="refresh">
<input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
<input type="text" name="email_name" size="12" style="font-size:9pt">
<input type="text" name="email_address" size="12" style="font-size:9pt
[button
	text="Submit"
     	src="icon_submit.gif"
	hidetext=1
	form="email"
]

[bounce page=[item-code]]
[email to="[value email_address]" from="test@reliant-solutions.com"
subject="test link" extra="Content-Type: text/html"]
	testing
[/email]
mv_nextpage=nothing
[/button]