[ic] Sales tax calculation in wrong currency...

Jillian Carroll interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 18:55:01 2001

I've run into an interesting problem... My client has his site displaying
prices in US dollars, because his primary clientbase is in the US.  However,
because he lives in Canada he must charge GST tax to all Canadian customers.
Now this isn't a big deal... because of course a person can charge tax based
on the province codes as easily as state codes...

However... The tax calculation is wrong and gives the customer the wrong
total... because it is in the wrong currency.

SO... What I'm wondering is if anybody has any suggestions? I was thinking
of having a field at the bottom that basically says 'Canadian customers:
$whatever.00' and do a calculation in the cart based on the cart value,
converted to CAD funds, and then multiplied by the GST... but that seems a
big clunky...

I'm sure somebody may have a more 'slick' idea... I hope. :)

Thanks!!

  _____

Jillian M. Carroll
Internet Consultant, Horizon Computer Solutions
360 1st Avenue North
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 1X4
PHONE: (306) 665-5666 FAX: (306) 665-6199
E-mail: jcarroll@horizon.sk.ca
Web-Site: http://www.horizon.sk.ca