[ic] editing index.html file [more debugging info]

Ben H interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 12:14:00 2001

I pulled this from the info section of the admin area.

==============
Perl Version Perl 5.6.0 (called with: /usr/bin/perl)

Optional Module Information LWP::Simple found (v1.34).
MD5 found (v2.02).
MIME::Base64 found (v2.12).
SQL::Statement found (v0.1020).
Safe::Hole found (v0.08).
Storable found (v1.012).
Tie::Watch not found. Minor: cannot set watch points in catalog.cfg.
URI::URL found (v5.02).

Safe operations untrapped: ftfile sort rand
===============

Again, the line in question:

if($MVSAFE::Safe) {

I'm thinking its related somehow to safe.pm.
Does anyone know if the "Safe operations untrapped" is anything relevant??

Ok, now I'm finding that my ability to manipulate much of anything is quite
restricted because of this error:
         { search error: your search file a valid database reference, was
'backup'. }

Also, in the Tables area of the Admin section, nothing shows up.
Same with the DB Tables area of the Info Area.

============= DB INFO (in info area
Database Interfaces     GDBM available (v1.03)
                         No Berkeley DB_File.
                         DBI enabled (v1.19), available drivers:
                                 ADO
                                 ExampleP
                                 Multiplex
                                 Pg
                                 Proxy
                                 mysql

Database Tables [nothing]
==============

Its sounding like some perl module may be corrupted or malfunctioning or
causing conflicts or something.
I'm using MySQL.

I'm stumped. Is backup a DB table I should have, but for whatever reason,
don't?  Do any of you have any suggestions?
Another bit of info that may be relevant was how I setup the IC permissions...

[snip from makecat]
# The type of permission structure for multiple user catalogs.
# Select M for each user in own group (with interchange user in group)
#        G for all users in group of interchange user
#        U for all catalogs owned by interchange user (must be catuser as well)
[/snip from makecat]

I chose 'U'.  It was the only structure I got operational with the least work.

Ben

crazy, whack, funky