[ic] hiding a product in the product data table

Tue Aug 21 20:48:00 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 01:20:25AM +0200, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> "Ron Phipps" <rphipps@reliant-solutions.com> writes:
>

> [...]
>

> > Dan, I use a field in my database for this purpose.  Have you figured
> > out how to nest it into a search so that the user cannot see the item by
> > simply changing the link in the address bar to not include the check for
> > that field?  Does it need to go into a search profile of some sort (I
> > only have experience with link based searches).  Our problem was that we
> > had an item which the users are dying to purchase, be shown on the
> > website due to a user changing the link manually and then purchasing the
> > item.  We'd rather not give them the chance to see items that are hidden
> > if possible.  Thanks!
>
> Maybe use a search profile ?

Set up your flypage to check as well.

Be careful to be very clear about what that field does.  We have
such a "status" field and clients **will** find a wide variety of
uses: to hide, suspend, remove etc....  Very inconsistent and trouble
down the road.