[ic] search results problem (WAS: gdbm bug?)

Richard Seymour interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 14:33:00 2001

Mike Heins wrote:
> This has nothing to do with GDBM. The context is completely lost
> because the subject doesn't have anything to do with the real problem,
> which as I recall was not finding some word in some field.

The problems are numerous (see below).

> Try putting su=1 in the search spec and see what happens. I am guessing
> the problem might have to do with your locale and what constitutes
> a word, but I cannot tell.

su=1 had no effect

>From my original post:

> I have this is a posters.txt database file (rows numbered for your
convenience):
> ---------------------------
>   item        type                    price description                     title
> 1.Rainbow-P01 Rainbow Dolphins Poster 25.00 Poster -- Normal                Rainbow
> 2.Rainbow-P02 Rainbow Dolphins Poster 35.00 Poster -- Hand-Signed by Artist Rainbow
> 3.Eclipse-P01 Eclipse Dolphins Poster 25.00 Poster -- Normal                Rainbow
> 4.Eclipse-P02 Eclipse Dolphins Poster 35.00 Poster -- Hand-Signed by Artist Eclipse
> ---OTHER LINES, BUT NONE WITH title=Rainbow AND NONE WITH
title=Eclipse---

> I have this in a page:
> ---------------------------
> [page search="fi=posters/se=Rainbow/sf=title"]CLICK HERE[/page]

> (Rows 1,2,3 should match. I am getting three rows back.)

> Problems:
> [item-field title] returns titles from rows 2,3,4 (not 1,2,3).
> [item-field type] returns nothing for rows 1,3. And the correct result for row 2.
> [item-field description] returns what [item-field type] should for rows 1,3. And the correct results for row 2.

I have since tried eliminating gdbm, and when the problem did not go
away, determined that it wasn't a bug or misconfiguration there, as you
point out. I still don't know where the problem is though.

--
Richard Seymour : Anarchy Software, Inc.