[ic] On "barry" the cart resets after 25th product

Victor Nolton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 21:40:01 2001

>I'm using a slightly modified "barry" demo on Interchange 4.7.2
>and I noticed that after entering the 25th product in the cart,
>the cart content is dropped and you're left with an empty cart.

I would believe... you'd have to set the OrderLineLimit .

Not sure what the default would be, I think in the early days it was 25 or 50

OrderLineLimit

The number of items that the user is allowed to place in the shopping cart.
Some poorly-mannered robots may ``attack'' your site by following all links
one after another. Some even ignore any robots.txt file you may have
created. If one of these bad robots orders several dozen or more items, then
the time required to save and restore the shopping cart from the user
session may become excessive.

If the limit is exceeded, then the command defined in the Global directive
LockoutCommand will be executed and the shopping cart will be emptied. The
default is 0, disabling the check. Set it to a number greater than the
number of line items you ever expect a user to order.

     OrderLineLimit   50

This would be set in your catalog.cfg

Ven