[ic] MiniVend - Passing Varibles in one click searches

Thu Aug 23 13:33:01 2001

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> At 10:36 AM 08/23/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >I've got a site that I haven't moved over to IC yet but still needing to do
> >some things NOW before I Switch them over.
> >
> >Want to be able to give another site code to use to send people to our
> >shopping cart and be able to track them actually just know that they came
> >from the other site (like an affiliate). Currently product line is limited
> >and we are sending them to the results page of the item they clicked.
> >
> >http://................./scan/se=/se=/se=/se=/se=2156/se=gm/ml=100/mm=200/em
> >=0/su=yes/sf=artist/sf=title/sf=style/sf=category/sf=code/sf=special/co=yes
> >
> >How can I fill in a variable on the link that passes in MiniVend so I can
> >then track that through the final order? I'm trying to give the variable
> >REFER a value but it doesn't seem to pass it to the page.
> >
> >I just want to follow that variable to the reciept page so when we get the
> >report it will show the value.
>
> It's been a long time, but I believe if you do this:
>
> http://www.site.com/cgi-bin/catalog/page?;;site_code
>
> ...then 'site_code' will be captured in the session; you should be able to
> retrieve it with:
>
> [data session source]

Yes. Though the way to do it in Interchange (and Minivend 4) is to
do:

     http://www.site.com/cgi-bin/catalog/page?mv_pc=site_code

site_code must contain at least one alpha character ( [A-Za-z] ).

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Prove you aren't stupid.  Say NO to Passport.