[ic] Lost cart on checkout to SSL server - new session ID created?

Terese Elbring interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 17:15:01 2001

Hello,

I was losing my cart contents every time I attempted to check out using
our SSL server.  Every time I accessed the SSL server, I was assigned a
new session ID.  I tried all possible solutions listed in the various
threads here, with no success.

I turned on debugging and added some statements to bin/interchange to try
to figure out what was happening.

Long story short, I commented out line 1895 (init_session();) in
bin/interchange and everything seems to be working properly now. My
question is, have I broken the script in some way that I have not yet
discovered?  What might the ramifications of this change be?  Thanks for
your time, code snippet follows.

--------- CODE SNIP ---------

if(! $Vend::CookieID) {
	if( is_retired($sessionid) ) {
		new_session();
		last RESOLVEID;
	}
	my $compare_host	= $CGI::secure
						? ($Vend::Session->{shost})
						: ($Vend::Session->{ohost});

	if(! $compare_host) {
		new_session($seed) unless $CGI::secure;
#		init_session();
		$Vend::Session->{shost} = $CGI::remote_addr;
	}
	elsif ($compare_host ne $CGI::remote_addr) {
		new_session($seed);
		init_session();
	}

Terese Elbring