[ic] Re: Interchange 4.8.1 Install (root)

Aaron Kincer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 14:48:00 2001

>I am new user and I can't find install documentation for RPM install on
>Red Hat 7.1.  I tried to install the Perl modules using :
>perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'
>but I get errors:
>Can't locate LWP::Simple   Aborts on build MD5 and Business::UPS
>
>Also I can't start the foundation store from account interch although I
>installed from root.  Is this an account authorization problem?

I myself had many problems installing 4.8.1 on RH 7.1 even though I had
documentation.  In the end, these are the steps I took:

1) Fresh install of 7.1

     -All Perl modules included with 7.1 installed
     -Apache installed

2) Downloaded all Perl modules linked on the interchange website.

3) Installed them all (one had a dependency problem)

4) Downloaded the three interchange RPM's from the interchange site.

5) Installed them in the proper order

6) rpm -ivh rpmname on all of them as root (including the Perl modules)

7) cd /usr/lib/interchange

8) bin/makecat

9) accept the defaults unless you otherwise have extensive experience

10) su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch (as root)

11) /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart (as root)

You should now be set to go.  This all worked for me in this order.

Aaron