[ic] Search check

Michael Mangeng interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Aug 27 06:04:00 2001

ok, this worked... thanx.. but i`ve got another problem...
the target is to get a menu page where all products which have a "1" in
their "idx" column (got created) of the products table, should get listed
and linked to the category in which they reside. (the idea behind this is a
product catalog with many sub products, where the customer should be able to
select the type of product first by a image (marked with 1 in products.idx)
and then gets a listing of all those products (by name) in the category
where the product is.

example:
product 1.1            idx=1        image=image1.1.gif        cat=cat1
product 1.2            idx=0        image=image1.2.gif        cat=cat1

when i get to the page with the link menu.. there should be image1.1 which
links to cat1. the target of this link displays a new site with "product1,
product2" (each with a link on its flypage).

i think a loop in a loop would help.. but i have no clue how to pass the
results from search-loop 1 to search loop2..

the code i use to return all products with idx=1 is:
#########
[loop
        prefix=box
        search="
                fi=products
                st=db
                tf=sort
                ac=0
                co=yes
                sf=idx
                op=eq
                se=1
but how can i get the link to scan the category into <a href=... ???

its not important if the search for the the idx=1 data is done via a
searchbox or a link, or if the search for this stuff is in the same site
where the links getps placed.. like in the left menu of the foundation
demo...

i hope somebody can help me out here..

greetings
Michael Mangeng