[ic] Server load, problem ?

Mon Aug 27 12:58:01 2001

Quoting Utomo (utomo@flashmail.com):
> Hello,

> user having problem with huge server load when running Interchange.
> I hope we can consider this for future improvements, so server load is
> not so big.

This is not normally a problem. For instance, the interchange.redhat.com
server, which serves many thousands of pages a day, typically runs at
a load average of from .01 to .07.

www.freecell.com, which serves 2 million Interchange pages a month
(as well as many million mor images and game server hits) runs
at a load average of about .7 or .8.

The usual problem is not enough memory on the system, or an IDE
hard drive that has too much to do.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown