[ic] WARNING: Reconfiguration may have timed out.

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 11:25:00 2001

> Can anyone help me....?
>
> I finally managed to get the programme running and I need to start
> tweaking the preferences. Unfortunately I get this (from error.log):
>
> - - - [29/August/2001:00:04:07 +0100] - - Bad script name
> '/atrium/go/firsttest.cgi' for reconfig.
> - - - [29/August/2001:00:04:07 +0100] - - Bad script name
> '/atrium/go/firsttest.cgi' for reconfig.
> - - - [29/August/2001:00:04:07 +0100] - - Died in housekeeping, retry:
> unlink /web/guide/main/public_html/atrium/go/etc/reconfig: No such file
> or directory
>
> The paths seem to be correct but I don't  recognise the reconfig file -
> should it have been placed on the server with installation? Does it
> actually exist?

Firstly, I couldn't help notice that you appear to have installed
Interchange under what seems to be a public_html area.  This is
very brave of you, although it has nothing to do with the question
you are asking.

The 'reconfig' file is created when you attempt to reconfigure one
of your catalogs, either with 'interchange --reconfigure=catname'
or using a tag like [reconfig].

The file is picked up and read by Interchange's housekeeping sub
(in lib/Vend/Server.pm) and is deleted when the file has been
processed, so you will not find it very often if you go looking
for it.

The 'No such file or directory' error, on unlink, suggests that
something else is deleting this file.  When the housekeeping sub
goes to delete the file, it finds that it's not there any more.

Are you, by any chance, attempting to run Interchange in some sort
of cluster, perhaps sharing the etc directory on an NFS filesystem?
I say this because the default flock lock on the reconfig file
will not work on an NFS filesystem and that is the only thing I
can think of that will cause this problem.  If this is the case,
then changing LockType to 'fcntl' (interchange.cfg) will ensure
that only one housekeeping routine will work on the reconfig file
at a time, but will also mean that only one of your Interchange
servers will process the reconfig requests (whichever one locks
the file first).

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin@cursor.uk.com