[ic] Still Clueless

Russ Riggs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 15:26:01 2001

ok.....from the logged in directory from telnet ../.. is the root
diretory and you'll never have permission to write there....nor
should you.

When in the tmp directory ../../ points to /home/shop4thingys
and is owned by same.  You shouldn't have any problems
writing to that directory if you are logged in as shop4thingys.
If you aren't then you don't have permission to write to that
directory either.  Another possible problem may be that the
permissions on that directoy  are 751 for some reason.  I'd
change that to 755 and give it another go.   Don't know if
that is the problem or not but might be...  You might also
check your umask to see how permissions are being handled.

russ....