[ic] Still Clueless

Russ Riggs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 16:15:00 2001

Hmmmmmm....after changing the permissions on that directory
to 755 you are still encountering the same problem?

umask determins the permisson bits on files and directories
when you create them.  You can check your umask by simply
typing in 'umask' and seeing what it returns.  A typical umask
is 022 which translates to a 644 permissions bit set for regular
files and 755 for directories.  To get a 751 directory permission
bit mask your umask should look something like 026....odd
indeed as the 'world' will not have read or write (but has
execution) permission on the directory.

If you've changed the perms to 755 and are logged in as
shop4thingys and it owns the ../.. directory then I don't know
what the prob is.  Run the configure script again and let's take
a look at the errors...