[ic] AOL 6 Users and Interchange

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 06:40:00 2001

Ed LaFrance <edl@newmediaems.com> writes:

> At 03:46 PM 08/29/2001 +0100, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have had 2 AOL 6 users tell me that when they used the IC Shopping Cart,
> >started to fill their baskets, but went back to the Home page (index), their
> >baskets became empty.
> >
> >Has anyone else experienced this?, and if so, have you been able to do
> >anything about it?
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Garry
>
> It could be a cookie issue.  Some parts of the construct demo did not work
> correctly with browsers that could not / would not accept cookies.  Try it
> yourself with your favorite browser, disabling cookie support first (don't
> forget to start a new browser session).  If it happens to you, edit all
> forms in the construct demo to include this tag (you should really do this
> regardless):
>
> <input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">

The UI is quite unusable without cookies too. I hope 4.8.2 will be
the "Krümelmonster"-release (which means it works without cookies).
I'm working on this :-;

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices