[ic] Cybercash

Randy Clapp interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 19:54:00 2001

> Anyone out there know about the ins / outs of using Cybercash?
> <snip>

David,

Are you aware that Verisign is phasing out Cybercash in favor of their own
payment gateway system.  The following is an excerpt from a letter dated
8/7/01:

     Important CyberCash customer announcement:
     Our records show that you are currently registered to process
     payments through the CyberCash payments gateway.

     As you know, VeriSign recently acquired CyberCash, and is
     presently working to integrate the CyberCash CashRegister
     service into the VeriSign Payment Services (VPS) system. We plan
     to modify the connection from the CashRegister service to
     redirect your transactions to the VeriSign PayFlow payment
     service. When this effort is completed, credit card transactions
     from your Web site will be processed through the VeriSign
     system. We intend to make this transition as simple and seamless
     for you as possible. When the integration is complete, you will
     begin accessing the VeriSign PayFlow Manager for administration
     instead of the CyberCash E-Commerce Services Manager.

     These modifications are currently in pilot with a small number
     of selected merchants. Upon completion of the pilot, we plan to
     roll out this conversion to our entire merchant base. We
     anticipate this process to begin sometime within the next six
     weeks. You will shortly begin receiving a series of schedule
     updates for migrating merchants.

We're still using Interchange 4.6.x and haven't migrated to the 4.8.x branch
yet.  I was personally holding moving our production stores over to 4.8.x
until we had to make the payment gateway switch.

- Randy