[ic] searches and sorting acting strange

Tux MacAuley interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Dec 1 13:52:01 2001

I am having the following problems:

1.  I've got about 200 products listed in my catalog.  All are the same type
of product with slight variations.  About 5 that I've found don't show up in
the keyword search (won't show up if I enter the sku, description keywords,
or the product name.)  They show up in the browse and category search.  I
can't figure out why, as they were put in at the same time and have the same
characteristics as the other items. Also, I've tried deleting them and
re-entering them from the admin>tables>products.. that did not seem to help
(but it did dis-associated the inventory quantity with the item - ouch)  Any
ideas on how to get them to show up in the keyword search or what to look
for to debug?

2.  My sort for Browse Catalog and Keyword Search work fine - my sort for
Categories are sorted in the order I entered them.  Where do I paste the
code for the proper sorting of the categories?  I have a modified demo
store, so should be the same as that store. (I noticed in the demo store, it
doesn't sort alphabetically either)  Any ideas?

thanks for the help.