[ic] Stock alert notification/ PS thanks ED

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 2 19:07:01 2001

Hi all, it's the newbie again :)

I have integrated the stock alert notification code in the fly page as well
as many other pages. I have been studying the pdf's and the code that came
in IC "foundation" store example. For some reason when I test the out of
stock notification, put in my email address, then "add" inventory to that
item, I don't receive an email telling me that the item I was interested in,
well, is in.

I have looked everywhere in the code examples and can't figure out where
this info, like the persons email address, is stored. I can't find any code
that sends this info anywhere, so I don't know where to look. Even the
foundation store example doesn't work properly (for me). All my other email
type things, like receipts, etc. all work fine.

My inventory is working fine, I mean, it accurately adjusts when an item is
purchased. When I put my email in, I get a thank you type page, and I DO
receive an email confirming my wishes to be on the notification list. But as
I said, when inventory is added, I don't get notified.

IC 4.8.1

Thanks all,
Paul Jordan

Oh yeah, and Thanks ED LaFrance, for the previous tip