[ic] Stock alert notification/ PS thanks ED

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 2 21:42:00 2001

> Hi all, it's the newbie again :)
>
> I have integrated the stock alert notification code in the
> fly page as well
> as many other pages. I have been studying the pdf's and the
> code that came
> in IC "foundation" store example. For some reason when I test
> the out of
> stock notification, put in my email address, then "add"
> inventory to that
> item, I don't receive an email telling me that the item I was
> interested in,
> well, is in.
>
> I have looked everywhere in the code examples and can't
> figure out where
> this info, like the persons email address, is stored. I can't
> find any code
> that sends this info anywhere, so I don't know where to look. Even the
> foundation store example doesn't work properly (for me). All
> my other email
> type things, like receipts, etc. all work fine.
>
> My inventory is working fine, I mean, it accurately adjusts
> when an item is
> purchased. When I put my email in, I get a thank you type
> page, and I DO
> receive an email confirming my wishes to be on the
> notification list. But as
> I said, when inventory is added, I don't get notified.
>
> IC 4.8.1
>
> Thanks all,
> Paul Jordan
>
> Oh yeah, and Thanks ED LaFrance, for the previous tip

Currently, I do not think that this feature has been added to Foundation
yet (so it would be a customization/addition):

* Automatically e-mail the customer with an "in stock notification" when
the product is in stock.

However, there have been mailings to the list about how to implement
this feature with cron, etc. which I have posted to the list 3 or 4
times, so you might be able to find it in the archives.  HAND,

Dan Browning
Kavod Technologies