[ic] Highlighting Required Fields in Table Editor

Mon Dec 3 00:50:01 2001

Quoting David Kelly (sonickollage@yahoo.co.nz):
> I am trying to work out if there is any possible way to highlight (bold)
> *required* fields when using the table-editor tag?
> I want to be able to indicate to users which database fields are required
> (e.g. set to not null)
>
> I notice that a similar thing is done using ui_profile when using the
> table-editor in wizard mode, but as far as I can see this does not work when
> using the table-editor to just simply edit a table.

It isn't really possible in the UI directly, since there is no setting
in metadata (at least in the 4.8.x tree) for "check", which determines
this. In addition, we have the template set up to have the labels bold
by default.

If you are directly using the table-editor, all you need to do
is add:

	check.fieldname=required

to the parameter list. All other things being equal, it should make
the field "fieldname" required, and in the default setup should bold
any label.

In fact, if you log in to the demo as admin and create a page that
holds only:

    [table-editor
	table=products
	check.description=required
	item_id=os28007
    ]

This will have the effect you want.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock