[ic] Static Pages listing items by sku - rephrased

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 13:37:01 2001

You might be missing the forest.   Instead of thinking about how code a page
to display individual items, think about how to "classify" individual items
in different ways so that you can use your relational database and pre-built
pages to display certain types of items.

Here is one way to do it:
You could use the featured column of the products table to specify a
particular search string then simply pass that sting in a query.  You could
also specify a different results page than the normal results.html
scan/st=db/co=yes/ml=10/sf=featured/sp=<SOME_RESULTS_PAGE>/se=<SOME_SEARCH_S
TRING>

BTW...You're right, doing a bunch of loops in a page would be very
inefficient.  Your much better off to do a single loop with search criteria.

Marty Tennison
marty@sediva.com