[ic] upgrade from 4.6 to 4.8.3 wierd problem

Interchange Admin interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 15:45:01 2001

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 09:29:24AM -0800, Ed LaFrance wrote:
> At 08:47 AM 12/04/2001 -0600, you wrote:
> > > I am in the process of moving my store to a faster computer and Internet
> > > connection and thought it would be a good time to upgrade from Interchange
> > > 4.6 to 4.8.3.  I had some strange problems going to 4.8.anything in the
> > > past and cancelled the upgrade.  I hoped that this newest version would
> > > not have the wierd problems.  It does.
> > >
> > > The problem is that Interchange will not recognize and go to the second
> > > (and third, I suppose) checkout page.
>
> I think I ran across this, but didn't investigate much.  Something has
> changed in the handling of order profiles in 4.8 vs. 4.6, and consequently
> this &set is ignored in some (if not all) circumstances:
>
> &set = mv_successpage mypagename
>
> Remove it from your profile and set it with an hidden form input or within
> an mv_click block on the calling page instead:
>
> <input type=hidden name=mv_successpage value=checkout2>
>
> - Ed L.

This did the trick!  Thanks!

The funny thing is that putting the "mv_successpage" in the profile
is what made the multi-page checkout work for 4.6.  That's one of
the reasons why I never thought to move it back to the page.

Thanks again!

jaime
--
interch            | I read recently that human beings use only 15%
@    Jaime Viehweg | of their brains capacity.  Makes you wonder