[ic] Re: Static Pages listing items by sku - rephrased

Nathan Olmscheid interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 16:20:00 2001

Dynamic pages are pages that are built at runtime. EVERY time you click on a
prudct to view the description on the foundation, it creates a dynamic page
to greab stuff from the databases. When you leave that page, it does not
save a productnumber.html and leave it on the server. It deletes it and will
generate next time that it is needed.
(users interact to make the page dynamically change)

Static are pages that are already all completey coded, and there is a
physcialy .html or some sort of web file on the server for it.  If you want
that page to change you have to download the static page and edit it.

This make sense?? I have seen an ecommerce page that was STATIC. EVERY
single item had its own page....instead of having a peice of software such
as Interchange to dynamically change it. So if you wanted to change the way
you displayed your products, you had to go edit EVERY one of them, in
Interchange you change the template files and such that build the dynamic
pages.

Nathan

 --
NAMI Solutions