[ic] Re: Static Pages listing items by sku - rephrased

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 16:44:00 2001

"Nathan Olmscheid" <nathan@namisolutions.com> writes:

> Dynamic pages are pages that are built at runtime. EVERY time you click on a
> prudct to view the description on the foundation, it creates a dynamic page
> to greab stuff from the databases. When you leave that page, it does not
> save a productnumber.html and leave it on the server. It deletes it and will
> generate next time that it is needed.
>
> (users interact to make the page dynamically change) Static are pages that
> are already all completey coded, and there is a physcialy .html or some sort
> of web file on the server for it.  If you want that page to change you have
> to download the static page and edit it. This make sense?? I have seen an
> ecommerce page that was STATIC. EVERY single item had its own
> page....instead of having a peice of software such as Interchange to
> dynamically change it. So if you wanted to change the way you displayed your
> products, you had to go edit EVERY one of them, in Interchange you change
> the template files and such that build the dynamic pages. Nathan

But you can use the Static Page feature of IC to generate these pages
automatically, though it has its drawbacks.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Die Erde bleibt keine Scheibe. --- The earth remains no disk.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices