[ic] pgsql - options table error

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 04:59:01 2001

* Jeff Fearn wrote on Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 07:39 +0000:
> Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report the
> error or try again later. (DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: ExecReplace:
> Fail to add null value in not null attribute o_master at
> /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 985. )

this messages seems not be be generated by:

>         my $rc = $sth->execute(@$vary)
>                 or die ::errmsg("execute %s: %s", $sql, $DBI::errstr);

this line, since you would see the SQL statement I think. But
ICs errorhandling is a little... well... strange sometimes.

> via phpPgAdmin that the field is NOT NULL and has DEFAULT ''. I have
> recently changed wich fields are displayed on the options maintenance page,
> but can not see how that would affect anything.

I would try to get the statement, maybe it's malformed or so.

> P.S. any idea why a field that has 0 or 1 in it is a varchar(64) and not a
> int(1)? :}

Yes. The foundation store builder didn't though of DBMS but about
textfiles. Why int(1) for a bool field, btw? There are a lot of
other strange table definitions, i.e. the "sel" of area/cat which
includes part of the conditions (difficult to use from SQL :)),
the tables are not normalized and so on. Well, it was build to
use text files. And: it's an example. You should change a lot of
things to your needs. But maybe you get some strange error
messages only, so take care to not break anything.

oki,

Steffen