[ic] 4.8.2 Admin UI Clone options not working

Mathew Jones interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 15:27:01 2001

Rick Eicher II wrote:

>>Repost of my initial question, since I haven't gotten
>>a response yet...  I really need some help with this one...
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Kyle
>>
>>Kyle Kirkland wrote:
>>

>>>I'm running IC4.8.2 on RH7.1.1
>>>
>>>I'm trying to utilize the "Clone options" facility in
>>>the Admin UI to cut down on entering the same options
>>>over and over again for each of my items.  For some
>>>reason, it's not working for me.
>>>
>>>I'm using "Simple Options" and when I try to clone an
>>>existing item's options, the UI just puts me back to the
>>>original blank options screen I started with without
>>>entering any data in the database.  I've spent the past 5 hours
>>>sifting through the list archives and docs, modifying
>>>code, trying all suggestions I could find, but to no avail.
>>>
>>>Does anyone know why this may be happening or at least
>>>point me in a direction of trying to debug it?
>>>
>>>Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
>>>

>>>Some details:
>>>-------------
>>>Product A:
>>>  - Simple Options
>>>    + Name:  Size
>>>    + Label: Size
>>>    + Set label to name: CHECKED
>>>    + Textfield:
>>>      S7=7 ft.
>>>      S8=8 ft.
>>>
>>>Product B:
>>>  - Simple Options
>>>    + NOTHING ENTERED
>>>    + Select Product A in "Clone an existing option set:"
>>>    + Click "Clone options"
>>>    + still NOTHING ENTERED
>>>

> I am having the sam problem. Will finish the site then look into this.
>
> rick

I experienced the same problem...
go check out the file lib/UI/pages/include/item_option_simple

For some reason in item_option_simple the [cgi ui_clone_options] is not
set anywhere.
I tried adding the folowing , the same way it is used in
item_option_matrix, but part of the page did not load:

[button text="Clone options"]
[flag type=write table="[cgi mv_data_table]"]
ui_clone_options=1
mv_todo=back
mv_nextpage=@@MV_PAGE@@
[/button]

Finally, I just removed the [if cgi ui_clone_options]
and changed [and cgi ui_clone_id] to [if cgi ui_clone_id].

Also further down the page the form has no value set for mv_data_table,
so I added:

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_data_table    VALUE="[cgi mv_data_table]">

hope that helps...

And if anyone at Rhat knows of a different fix, please let us know :)

Mat