[ic] Installed 4.83 but 4. 6 is still running on my machine ... What did I miss?

Jon Jensen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 16:23:00 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Christopher Van Oosterhout wrote:

> I just ran the following command on my machine:
>
> rpm -ivh interchange-foundation-4.8.3-1.noarch.rpm
>
> I figured this would install/upgrade me from 4.6.3 to the new version.

I would not recommend trying to upgrade between major releases with RPM.
Much changed in the RPM packaging between versions 4.6 and 4.8. The best
thing to do would be to back everything up, uninstall 4.6, then install
the 4.8 RPMs, and copy your old catalogs into /var/lib/interchange and
edit /etc/interchange.cfg to suit.

Jon