[ic] EINTR on select

Javier Martin interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 10:04:01 2001

Hello list,

This is for Mike, I think: I have written a profile in which some socket IO
is done through LWP. I do an HTTP query to a server, which responds in
approx 1 or 2 seconds. My problem is: during this lapse, I often (not in a
deterministic way) obtain the error EINTR in the select call (deep into the
LWP guts) that waits for data on the socket connected to the server. The
EINTR error probably means that 'select' has been interrupted by some
signal.

My question is: Is it possible that the interchange process receive any
asynchronous signal that could break ongoing system calls such as select?

Please, this has been turning me completely crazy for almost a week.

Javier