[ic] Tutorial for setup of Interchange with MySQL

Justin Bonds interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Dec 8 15:21:00 2001

Hi John,

DBI and DBD basically allow Interchange to "talk to" MySQL.  You'll need
these so that Interchange will work with MySQL.  As Christine mentions, you
will have to install these separately.  If after restarting Interchange -
the tables don't get created, try re-installing DBI and DBD.  You may also
need to create a symbolic link to mysqladmin if you get an error - something
along the lines of the file not being found.

Now, what I do is that I use Plesk from http://www.plesk.com (which a 1
domain license is free) and it sets up MySQL and several other things.
You'll just need to make sure all of the needed Perl modules are installed
from the Interchange web site.  You'll also want to download the DBI and DBD
modules from the MySQL site.  Then, I use PHPAdmin to create the database
and then run through the makecat utility - giving it the information that I
used when creating the database with PHPAdmin.  You'll probably also want to
disable SUEXEC if using Plesk . . .

It's pretty simple and eventually I hope to provide installation
instructions for using Plesk, Interchange and AuthorizeNet together . . .
but I'm still working on them. I should have them posted to this forum
sometime before December 18  . . .

:)  Justin