[ic] Session ID keeps changing

Ben Myles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 9 02:00:01 2001

I'm having some trouble with a site I'm building using Interchange. I'm a
bit of a novice, so the solution to the problem may be very simple.

Basically I have a site that uses frames. The layout looks like this:

|---|---------------|
|   |		2	  |
|   |---------------|
|   |               |
| 1 |       4       |
|   |               |
|   |---------------|
|   |       3       |
|---|---------------|

Frame 1 is a menu frame. When a category is clicked on the items in that
category are displayed as thumbnails in either frame 2 or 3 (this is simply
alternated using javascript). A shopper would click on one of the thumbnails
and the specifics about the item are displayed in frame 4. From here the
item can be added to the cart.

When an item is added to the cart the basket comes up with the item in it.
This works fine. But the contents of the cart gets dropped as soon as I move
from this page, no matter what I do. Whether it's re-calculating the cart
(if I update quantities) or if I go to a different item the contents of the
cart is lost. I think that the session ID is changing because for some
reason IC thinks I'm a different person. I don't know why cookies don't
override the problem. I added 'Cookies Yes' and 'CookieDomain mydomain.com
www.mydomain.com' to my catalog.cfg file, but it didn't make the slightest
difference.

The site used to work, and the problem started when I moved everything to a
secure server (not a different domain, just https instead of http, otherwise
everything was the same). The site was still working when everything was
secure, however the client then decided we were only going to make the
checkout secure, not the entire site. But when I moved everything back to a
http connection the problem started. No frames are still using a secure
connection, I even took the secure server out of my apache config to ensure
that I haven't left any https links in the pages anywhere.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've been trying to fix this for days. I'm
stumped. The site I'm working on is past its deadline. If anyone could help
I would *greatly* appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ben Myles