[ic] Setting up SMTP, order e-mail sent to me but not to 'customer' BUG?

Christine Chaney interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 9 03:10:02 2001

BTW, in response to previous posts (2 problems: e-mail log out etc..) I am
not running on a red hat system...I am using a Solaris system hosted through
viaverio (formerly iserver).  As such the first e-mail problem I have tried
everything to uncover why sendmail will not work, and rooted out every
conceivable cause.  None was found, so I'm thinking that it's just the
virtual server environment.

After the fact I have set up SMTP and am now recieving orders to my orders
box.  My customers box doesn't get any e-mails.

After finding no documentation on how to deactivate sendmail.  If you don't
put anything it defaults.  I looked into the Util.pm (interchange/lib/Vend)
file and I understand enough about whats happening, but don't know how to
fix it or workaround it.

Search for SendMailProgram
you'll find this line:

my $using = $Vend::Cfg->{SendMailProgram};

Following this line you'll see a check to see if SendMailProgram=none or
Net::SMTP

Following this I set my Sendmailprogram variable in interchange.cfg to none
, also tried Net::SMTP

Doing this I got the orders to seller e-mails working.

Why aren't the e-mails to customer working?

I noticed in the code in Util.pm following, still tried to send the
customers message via sendmail thinking the path to sendmail was Net::SMTP
or none instead of setting up a function to send it instead via SMTP.  While
the orders to seller code didn't.

Bug?

Can anyone offer any help?

Christine