[ic] DBI::ProxyServer and DB2 AS400 (any experiences?)

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 12:23:01 2001

> Re DBI::ProxyServer and DB2 AS400
>
> Does anyone have any experience they can share with either of the
> above and ic or minivend?
>
> We are intending to connect catalog back end to corporate ERP
> system on an AS400 runing IBM's DB2 through a firewall running BSD.
> DBI::ProxyServer with DBD::DB2 or DBD::ODBC would proxy the
> database connection. allowing only precooked queries.
>
> A simple "yes, we have done that" would go a long way.  :-)
>
> cfm

All I can say is that really sounds like a lot of fun.  May I ask what
ERP system it is?  (Siebel, SAP, Oracle, Duns & Bradstreet, PeopleSoft,
Clarify, Vantive, Pivotal, SAP-R3, SalesLogix, Epiphany, Baan, CODA,
IBM, Software 2000, SNI, Marcam, J.D. Edwards, ...)?  Just wondering.

Dan Browning
Kavod Technologies