[ic] 2 Problems: Email does not work and log out button does not log out

Mon Dec 10 12:57:00 2001

At 05:44 PM 12/07/2001 -1000, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm having 2 problems:
>
>1) Interchange does not send e-mail
>
>Everything goes okay in the order process.  It shows up in the database
>after.  However the mail is not set.  My sendmail path is /usr/lib/sendmail
>and have set this up in my interchange.cfg config file.  Sendmail works
>okay, verified using formmail (same path to sendmail).  Interchange start up
>without errors.
>
>Yet email doesn't send and I get this error, why?
>
>168.105.116.15 Y5LYeCJY:168.105.116.15 - [08/December/2001:03:10:26 +0000]
>ff2 /cgi-bin/ff2/process.html Unable to send mail using /usr/lib/sendmail

Check the manpage on sendmail for some simple commands, then try a send
from the command lines and see if you get any errors/complaints
back.  Perhaps that is what is tripping things up.

>Does anybody know how to fix this or set up to use SMTP instead?  I did not
>find any documentation on how to set up for SMTP.  I have libnet installed
>and have the perl modules to do this just don't know how to set up it up in
>interchange.
>
>2) Log out button doesn't log out
>
>Click on it it goes to the confirmation page saying that they've been logged
>out.  But it hasn't logged out.  It will only 'log out' a user when the
>session has expired. Can anybody offer any suggestions?

I can confirm this.  Take a look at ff2/pages/logout.html and make sure
this tag appears at the very top of the page:

[userdb function=logout clear=1]

>My URL is: http://www.fashionfantasies.net/cgi-bin/ff2
>I know the combination of lingerie/hardware is a little odd, deal with it :)

I lived in San Francisco for 3 years in the 80's, so believe me, I've seen
stranger things... ;-)

- Ed L.