[ic] search engine argument

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 01:30:01 2001

I am trying to search my products.txt files and display results on
results.html. This is working great. In my products.txt file I have many
products, all for sale, and all usable in flypage.html.

However- I don't want all the entries searched and displayed on
results.html. I have made a column in products.txt named "searched", and on
result.html I have something to the effect:

[if-item-data products searched == 1]blah blah blah[else][/else][/if]

This works great for filtering my products I want to be visible to the
searcher. BUT as you can guess, the search "hits" number does not match the
number shown to the searcher. The search is actually finding more products,
but I am "hiding" some with the IF ELSE.

How can I put some sort of search prerequisite or argument into my search
form? So maybe it would tell the search form to only register a hit if it's
"searched" field == 1.

Thanks all
Paul jordan

P.S. Thanks IC King, Ed LaFrance for the previous tip, your the man!