[ic] 4.8.3 crashing - no one helps - will have to switch to something with real support

Level 1 System Administrator interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 14:37:01 2001

	Hi everyone,

	For some time, ever since we installed 4.8.2, we've been having problems
	with Interchange crashing. Seems like users did something on the
	admin interface that would cause Interchange to crash. It was related
	to vend.pm.

	Today, we installed 4.8.3, seeing that it fixed a problem with that module.
	However, just a few minutes ago, it crashed again reporting the following
	error:

	66.169.86.239 - - [06/December/2001:10:31:23 -0500] -
/cgi-bin/shopedu/admin/login CGI mapping error: Undefined catalog:
/cgi-bin/shopedu at /usr/sbin/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm line 182.

	The catalog, of course, is there and works ok. A simple restart fixes
everything
	again:

Killing Interchange server 8431 with TERM.
CyberCash module found (Version 3.x)
Low traffic settings.
"mode" is not defined in %Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS at
/usr/sbin/interchange/bin/interchange line 2753
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.8.3
Configuring catalog shopedu...Using default DBM database...done.
Configuring catalog shoponline...Using default DBM database...done.
Configuring catalog test1...Using default DBM database...done.
Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 24130)

	Any ideas? We have dozens of users using Interchange and almost
	all of them were able to crash Interchange previously. I was happy thinking
	4.8.3. would be stable...:(

	I've talked to others that are having the same problem. They all report that
	applying changes on the admin UI in a certain way not yet discovered will
	crash the server. This is what our users have reported too.

	Any ideas? Theories? We would greatly appreciate them... if not, I'll have
	to send Interchange down the drain. We can't afford to provide bad
applications
	to our clients.

	I told the tech people at RedHat ecommerce tech support that if they could
	solve it, I would buy a support contract. They say they provide only
installation
	help, admin help and advice. sheesh.

	Peter