[ic] CPAN install problems

Tue Dec 11 16:02:00 2001

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 03:33:12PM -0500, Michel Matte wrote:
> Whatever I try, the CPAN always fails in the test  phase. I reformatted
> twice with Red Hat 7.1.  I use defaults all the way to install CPAN.  I
> notice that it tries to create Perl-5.6.1 in /root/.cpan/build  but the
> current version on the server is Perl-5.6.0. When I try to start
> Interchange it's missing the usual modules: Safe::Hole, SQL::Statement,
> Bundle::LWP.
>
> This damn thing runs for half an hour asking everything in the system
> but doing nothing.  Looks like Microsoft...

Well, you are trying to solve it as if it were microsoft!

**reformatting** is not the answer.

Reading the error messages IS important, unlink microsoft.

It is trying to upgrade to perl5.6.1 from 5.6.0.  If you are relatively
new to linux, that's not worth the effort, get a current distribution.
If you can't do that, upgrade your rpms from online.

This is an rpm/distribution issue, not ic.