[ic] CPAN install problems

Shane Keene interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 16:07:01 2001

I found I had greater success downloading the individual modules from cpan
and manually installing them using perl Makefile.pl, make, make test, and
make install on each individual module. It was a pain but it was the only
way I was able to get it to work.

Shane Keene
Webmaster
Network Computing Devices, Inc.
http://www.ncd.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Michel Matte [mailto:michel.matte@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 12:33 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: [ic] CPAN install problems

Whatever I try, the CPAN always fails in the test  phase. I reformatted
twice with Red Hat 7.1.  I use defaults all the way to install CPAN.  I
notice that it tries to create Perl-5.6.1 in /root/.cpan/build  but the
current version on the server is Perl-5.6.0. When I try to start
Interchange it's missing the usual modules: Safe::Hole, SQL::Statement,
Bundle::LWP.

This damn thing runs for half an hour asking everything in the system
but doing nothing.  Looks like Microsoft...