[ic] Re: German currency / dezimal=zero problem

Erik Kendel interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 03:14:01 2001

Erik Kendel wrote:

> Ok. I use this in my testlocales.html :
> ------------------------------------
> The locale is [scratch mv_locale] and the price is <FONT COLOR="RED"><br>
> Test field: [data table="products" field="price" key="00687514"]<BR>
> [seti testmyprice][data table="products" field="price"
> key="00687514"][/seti]<br>
> [currency][scratch testmyprice][/currency]<BR>
> -----------------------------------
>
> My catalog.cfg:
> Locale de_DE mon_decimal_point   .
> Locale de_DE mon_thousands_sep   " "
> Locale de_DE currency_symbol     " DM"
> Locale de_DE ps_cs_precedes      1
> Locale de_DE frac_digits 2
> Locale de_DE  PriceCommas  1
>
> !No other locale is set!

What is in your products/locale.txt ???

> The result is:
> ------------------------------------
> The locale is de_DE and the price is
> Test field: 58.85

>Try it with

>Test field: ([data table="products" field="price" key="00687514"])<BR>

There are no whitespaces
It looks like this:

>to see, if there are a whitespace in the field. For example "58.85 " or
>so!

> 58.00 DM
>
> That's my problem. I searched the whole catalog for other
> configurations without any results. The database (mysql)
> seems to be ok. Where's the error?

Have you a working demo shop? If yes, can you change the locale in this
demo shop to de_DE and try it?
Don't forget to look into products/locale.txt!

Hmmm...did you edit all your stuff with an editor under WIN? Are there
any wrong line ending code from WIN in your file, if you edit your stuff
with WIN?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]