[ic] truncate 'option selects' when using combo select with database lookup

Elmar Meusel interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 15:25:01 2001

Hello,

here's my problem: I have a products table with a column named "composers". The entries in this column are often comma-seperated names like "Mozart, W.A." or "Bach, J.S." (without the quotes). In the new-item form I want to use a combo select with a lookup on this column, but all presented entries of the "option selects" are truncated after the comma (value and display), so you can only select "Mozart" or "Bach".

Is it possible to display the whole names including the commas within the option selcects? I've tried to set the database entries in quotes, but that didn't help. I looked in the mailling lists and the docs, but did not found any help... (maybe I'm too blind... :-))

I'm using Interchange 4.8.3 with MySQL 3.22.32 on Linux 2.2.14.

Thanks a lot for your help...
Elmar